Patricia Robinson is a 2016 University of North Carolina School of Law graduate with high honors. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with minors in Creative Writing and Spanish. Prior to law school, Patricia taught middle school Language Arts in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools as a Teach for America corps member.
Patricia Robinson graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law with high honors in 2016 and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. During law school, Patricia served as an Honors Writing Scholar, editor of the First Amendment Law Review, and student practitioner in the Youth Justice Clinic.
Patricia joined the Education Law Practice Section as an associate upon passing the North Carolina Bar Examination. She lives in Raleigh with her husband and young son.
University of North Carolina School of Law
- Juris Doctor with High Honors, 2016
- Honors Writing Scholar
- First Amendment Law Review, Notes Editor
- Youth Justice Clinic, Student Practitioner
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B A. with Honors and Highest Distinction, English, 2010
Memberships & Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, 2016
- The Silent War: Free Speech and the Right to Information in the Context of Military Sexual Assault, 13 FIRST AM. L. REV. 498 (2015)
- “Student Records,” in Guide to Student Advocacy in North Carolina 181-194 (North Carolina Bar Association 2015)
- The Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Educational Opportunities Section, Washington, D.C., Legal Intern, May-August 2015
- The Honorable Allyson K. Duncan, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Raleigh, N.C., Legal Intern, January-April 2015
- Professor Barbara Fedders, Clinical Associate Professor of Law, UNC-Chapel Hill, Legal Research Assistant, January-August 2015
- Advocates for Children’s Services, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Durham, N.C., Legal Intern, August-December 2014
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, N.C., Language Arts Teacher and Teach for America Corps Member, August 2010-June 2013